Entitlement (Planning) Manager· BASE CAMP
185 S State St
Salt Lake City, UT 84111, USA· $60,000-$69,000 a year
The Entitlements Manager receives the entitlement and permit approvals for the development of new Maverik stores and the revitalization of existing stores and other assigned projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops conclusions, recommendations and opinions for management considerations
- Develops and maintain open communication with Maverik Real Estate and Construction Managers, as well as other company departments
- Prepares tentative layouts of land development projects, including contacting various agencies for current land development requirements
- Reviews and interprets development codes, transportation plans, long range planning documents, etc.
- Coordinates and directs the land use development activities of attorneys, surveyors, engineers, architects and other consultants
- Prepares project schedules through the permitting process and ensure schedule compliance
- Secure approval for projects, including but not limited to, site design, rezoning applications, use permitting, subdivision, and other required governmental processes
- Acts as Maverik’s representative in interactions with business partners and third parties, such as property owners, neighbors and government agencies, to identify issues and develop solutions
- Prepares and delivers presentation to Planning & Zoning Commissions, City Councils and other organizations as necessary
- Obtains entitlement and permit approvals for projects
- Establishes and builds relationships with various jurisdictions
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on planning, landscape architecture or design engineering technology; one to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Excellent organization, coordination, management and people skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective public speaking skills
- Ability to complete projects by coordinating the needs and desires of many different groups
- Energetic, proactive, inventive problem-solving and creative thinker
- Out of state travel is required with this position
Qualifications: Leadership Standards
- Treats others better than they expect to be treated
- Makes Maverik a great place to work by empowering your team while supporting Maverik’s purpose and plans
- Makes Maverik a great operator for our customers by solving problems when you see them and keeping your team on track
- Makes Maverik a great growth company by coaching your team to be tomorrow’s leaders and constantly looking for ways to do things better
Maverik was founded by Reuel Call in Afton, Wyo., in 1928, and has grown to over 315 stores in 12 states to become the largest independent convenience store chain in the Intermountain West. Maverik currently employs 5,000 Adventure Guides and has aggressive growth plans, including expansion into markets west of the Mississippi. As Adventure’s First Stop, Maverik lives up to its purpose to build the coolest convenience-experience on the planet.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Have a great day!
Paul Grace | Talent Acquisition Manager
Career Adventure Department
Go ahead and Start your Adventure!
Follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on Facebook!